favorite this post4th Grade / High School Science Teacher - Cambodia (Phnom Penh)hide this posting
compensation: $1,100 - $1,500 USD per month employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We currently have an opening for an Elementary teacher (Grade 4) that can teach core curriculum courses such as: Math, Science, English (Spelling, Grammar, and Comprehension), and Humanities (History).
The job requirements are basically the same as listed below, with the exception here as to having strong patience in dealing with younger students, of course, and your teaching hours will be closer to 30 hours per week, with several open classes in between to prepare, grading, etc.
I am teaching 6th grade and thoroughly enjoy it. It is much different than the teaching I did in Thailand. Our school has a daily course schedule, allowing for some flexibility, but it is never boring, lots of fun, and the interaction with the children is very rewarding (not to sound cliché, but it is true in my case).
We are also looking for a Science teacher, who is qualified to teach high school Science courses,
such as 7th, 8th, and 9th grade Science, Biology, Chemistry, as well as Physics. Your students will be very fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing - unlike the Thai government school students), and you will be teaching academic lessons based on courses mentioned above in an American curriculum.
Please understand this is NOT an ESL course (English as a Second Language). Most of our students have been going to international schools since they were 3-4 years old. They are well beyond ESL-type courses.
We would prefer a teacher already located in Cambodia, but will make arrangements to meet teachers from neighboring countries via Skype, etc, for initial pre-screen interview.
- Must be a native English speaker from the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, etc (preference given to Americans, but all native speakers are encouraged to apply)
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science is preferred / Recent graduates highly preferred
- Experience in teaching is desired / TEFL or TESOL certificate is an advantage
- Be willing to teach approximately 26-28 hrs per week
(Your salary will be much more than the standard 30,000 Baht)
- Understand you will contracted to be at our school from 730am - 5pm
(With a 1 1/2 hour lunch break - can go off campus for lunch)
- Willingness to learn new skills / Ability to manage a classroom effectively
- On Arrival: Pickup @ Airport & 2 nights' accommodations
- Salary: $1,100 - $1,500
- Flexible Contracts
- End of Contract 10 Working Day Bonus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers